Home is not a place- it’s a feeling… but it feels so much better when you live in beauty and order. How to transform your space to reflect your style, needs and desires? Simple! And it doesn’t take much.
- Get organized, and for that, turn to Ikea. Revamp your closet into a dream-space for your wardrobe. The DIY PAX System is more affordable than custom, but it looks great and can be tweaked in any way. You virtually design every corner, adding hanging space, drawers, shoe racks and more. With an array of design options, the formations are endless. It’s a self-planned process; you’re in charge of the measuring, and with plenty of patience, installing… but the finished product is absolute perfection!!
- Let’s talk decor… what’s hot: oversized statement frames ideal for a fireplace topper or large space. Level Frames offers the best in custom design, frame options and photo printing. I’m swooning over their gold frame with a matte-finish photo that captures the best in family memories. Arrives ready to hang!
- To spice up empty space, turn to Perigold, an online hub that has a bunch of canvas prints. My fave is titled “Patch Work;” the framed canvas has hues of grey and orange. Doesn’t disturb the eye, and gives just the right pop to a white wall longing for color.
- Another idea for some unique decor… do your Insta-research! Connect with artists you resonate with over Instagram. I tracked down Doug Monson who specializes in western and wildlife art… couldn’t resist getting one of his buffalo prints; did you know bison symbolize strength and survival? Meaningful art is an A+ in my book!
- Next, get lit with Lighting Connection, the absolute best place to shop all sorts of fixtures. My pick: the sleek and simple Aged Iron Sonlee Chandelier; it’s under $1000 and makes any dining area shimmer and shine. Use code NADINE at checkout for 20% off!
6. For lounging… opt for an easy upgrade that won’t break the bank. A large loft sofa from Valyou Furniture is softer than a standard couch; in fact, it’s made of stain-proof, anti-scratch technical leather beautifully representing suede. Comfy and cool, the seating can be jazzed up with pillows and throws to your heart’s desire. Highly recommended (and ideal for kids and pets!).
7. Speaking of the Valyou sofa, dress your new couch with fluff from Pillow Pops. This is your one-stop-site for everything throw pillows. Pick your favorite pops or purchase the whole set; the hidden zip enclosure enables you to swap the covers easily and re-dress your pillows with covers to capture your mood or the occasion. So many to choose from! I particularly favor the “Sail Away” collection.
8. Moving onto Minka Aire, a modern leader in multi functional ceiling fans. With an array of designs, finishes and styles, Minka “smart” fans arrive reading to keep you cool flaunting tech-savvy features and speeds that’ll naturally keep those AC bills down.
9. Taking things out back… create your own pizza place, thanks to Ooni, your yard’s news BFF. These innovative ovens surpass 900 degrees cooking the freshest most delicious pizzas in a matter of minutes! Fueled by charcoal or wood, the portable pizza pal is under $400. The biggest challenge: choosing your toppings!!
10. Have a bunch of kid art laying around? Join the club! Give your home library an upgrade capturing your child’s artwork in a compact manner. Artkive takes your kid’s masterpieces and school projects, professionally photographs them, and puts together the loveliest books you’ll treasure forever. Do one every year for every kid! Use code Nadine20 at checkout to save 20%.